Live large every once in a while.
Read on to find out how. Thank you to Benjamin Chan, Head Chef at Jimmy Monkey Café & Bar.
JM Wagyu Burger
Write a review
- 200g Wagyu Beef, roughly minced
- 4 Slices of Roma tomato
- 1 Brioche burger bun
- 70g Brie Cheese
- 100g Mayonnaise (Tip: Use the Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise for its creamier texture)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 Cup onions, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 15g Parsley
- 1/4 Wedge of Lemon
- Prepare beef by hand kneading the minced meat until sticky.
- Shape into a patty and leave on the side at room temperature.
- Prepare Garlic Aioli by combining the parsley, garlic and onions with mayonnaise.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add olive oil into the mayonnaise mix. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat a small pan on medium high until the oil starts smoking.
- Season the meat liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place patty in pan and cook for 2 mins without moving it. Flip patty and continue to cook for 1 min for medium rare or 2.5 minutes for medium.
- Place Brie cheese on burger patty and cover the pan to melt the cheese. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Toast the brioche bun. Spread garlic aioli to both lid and base.
- Assemble the buns, tomato slices and patty. Serve immediately.
bee blog https://blog.honestbee.com/