Vegetarian? Welcome to your new pantry staple.
Thank you to our friend, Ian Low, The Silver Chef for this recipe.
Get all the ingredients at www.honestbee.com!
Write a review
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 Whole tomato
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow squash
- 1 Aubergine
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- 100g Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Finely dice the onions and tomato. Chop the zucchini, squash and aubergine into 2cm - 3cm chunks.
- In a standard frying pan, heat up the pan with a some olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the diced onions and let it sweat. Roughly 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Once the onion has been turned translucent, add in the white wine and let it reduce for a few minutes until the alcohol is removed.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and let it simmer for a few minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft. At which point, there should be an increase of liquid from the tomatoes.
- Add in the zucchini and squash first as these root vegetables take longer to cook. Stir and mix well for a few minutes. Add in the aubergine and stir with the rest of the vegetables. Do not overcook the aubergine as they will turn dark when they get soft.
- Preheat your oven to 200C for 5 minutes.
- Add in the shaved parmesan to your vegetables on the top. If you prefer to have a more cheesy crust, you can always add more than the stipulated amount.
- Put the entire pan into the preheated oven and let it bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese forms a golden crust.
- Once the cheese has turned golden brown, remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes as it will be piping hot at this stage.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
bee blog https://blog.honestbee.com/