This a great healthy breakfast cereal that even kids will love. Serve with cold milk or Greek yogurt.
Grab your ingredients from www.honestbee.com now!
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey (or to taste – you can use less honey if you add more dried fruits)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup of nuts chopped (or a mix): walnuts, almonds
- ½ cup of seeds (or a mix): pumpkin, sunflower, sesame seeds
- ½ cup of dried fruit chopped (or a mix): (mango, apricot, raisins, goji berries)
- Preheat oven to 200C. Bake oats (top shelf) until very slightly golden – be very careful not to burn. Keep mixing and checking for 7 minutes.
- Mix the honey and oil together and then mix into the oats coating well. Add the cinnamon in and mix again.
- Return oats to the oven for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Add the seeds and nuts and mix, bake for 5 minutes, then switch off the oven and leave to crunch up for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and cool further on the counter.
- Once cool, mix in the chopped fruit.
- Store in a well-sealed jar in the fridge.